The Windows Error 0x0 0x0 is a very rare one and it states that the operating system (OS) of your device is malfunctioning. If you know about the error code 0x0 0x0 then you’ve faced it before. If you’re reading this guide, then chances are that you are looking for a solution to error 0x0 0x0. There are a number of reasons that you can run into this issue. But the most common and the simplest reason is a missing, damaged or problematic registry entry. Failed installation or error in installation of new drives can also cause the “windows error code 0x0 0x0“.
0x0 always shows up on your screen with an additional numerical code. This same code can be used to find out the particular pain point and sections that are causing the problem. Although, you can only find out a solution by yourself if you aren’t a technological wiz. It is easy to divide the fundamental causes of 0x0 0x0 into software-related and hardware concerns.
As mentioned above, the primary reasons behind the error 0x0 0x0 can suggest wrong system settings, incorrect device input, and others. If you too are stuck in this situation, you may want to fix this problem as soon as possible. Once you fix the Windows error code 0x0 0x0, your device will start running smoothly.
If you know your way around a computer, then you can fix the error 0x0 0x0. If you don’t know what is going on, then you need help. To help you out, we’ve created this guide on how to fix Windows error 0x0 0x0.
Error 0x0 0x0: Software Problems
To save essential data, Windows creates a registry. This registry helps Windows make decisions on how to open files and apps. If your registry becomes corrupted somehow, you can run into all kinds of problems. And the “Windows error code 0x0 0x0″ is one of the biggest examples. Any missing, corrupted, or incorrect registry file can result in a 0x0 0x0 error, which can cause your PC to run slow or sometimes stop working altogether. You can fix the 0x0 0x0 error by following the below mentioned steps:
- Update directory containing all the files
- Remove drivers that you don’t need anymore
- Clean the registry
- Go through the registry and check if you’ve run out of storage
- Find and fix or remove damaged or incorrect registry files
Error 0x0 0x0: Hardware Problems
Windows comes with an in-built driver manager, this can help users in finding and fixing all the driver-related issues. Users can easily update drivers, remove unnecessary drivers and manage the database. To do so, you need to click on “Update Driver Software” from the list of apps. Choose the app that needs the latest drivers from the list of apps and pick any of the options available to you. Once you go through that process, the downloading process for your apps will start.
If you’re using the old version of Windows 10, you can follow the rules and regulations to install the drivers. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open device manager
- Choose “Other Devices” option
- Click on the “Unknown Device” option
- Right-click and choose “Update Driver Software”
- If you have the driver downloaded, choose the option “Browse my computer for Driver Software”
- If you don’t have downloaded files, then download the driver first.
How to Fix Error 0x0 0x0?
When you start encountering this issue for the first time, you must start fixing it as soon as possible. The “Windows Error code 0x0 0x0” happens to several users across the globe every day and causes several challenges. Here’s all that you should try to fix Error 0x0 0x0:
1. Close Conflicting Programs
Sometimes the Windows error code 0x0 0x0 happens when two or more programs are clashing with each other. If this is the reason behind your error, then the solution is simple. All you need to do is to stop the programs that are clashing with each other. The steps to do so are:
- Open “Task Manager” on your computer. There, you’ll see a list of all the running applications.
- Here, you’ll have to stop all the apps running in the background or foreground. Click on all the apps one by one and click on the “End Process” option.
- After closing an application, monitor if some program starts up again. If you keep getting the error 0x0 0x0 even after closing all the apps, then you should know that the apps/programs aren’t causing the error.
- If the app/program doesn’t start again after you close it and you don’t face the 0x0 0x0 error, then uninstall this app/program to get rid of the problem.
2. Disk Cleanup
You can fix Windows error 0x0 0x0 by doing a disk cleanup. If the error is happening because your PC doesn’t have enough storage to create a registry, disk cleanup can fix that. Before you do a disk cleanup, make sure that you backup all of your data on an external drive. Here are the steps for a disk cleanup:
- Open the Explorer window on your PC
- Right-click on the main directory and choose the properties option
- In the properties option, find “Disk Cleanup” and click on it
- Once you complete the Disk Cleanup process, restart your PC.
If your system was getting the Windows Error code 0x0 0x0 because of insufficient storage space, then your problem will go away after performing disk cleanup.
3. Update/Reinstall Graphics Driver
The error 0x0 0x can also happen because of a faulty or an old graphics driver. If you’re having this problem, then you’ll need to uninstall or update your graphics driver.
You can use the software offered by your graphics card provider (AMD or NVIDIA) to install the graphic drivers. If not, you can find graphics driver in the device manager from where you can uninstall and install the driver
4. Use Built-in Scan and Repair Option
Sometimes, you’ll get the 0x0 0x0 error and with the error, you’ll see a scan and repair button. Just click on the button and let the in-built software perform the scan and repair to fix the issue. This built-in scanner can fix the issue most of the time.
5. Change Your RAM
If you’ve tried all the possible software-related solutions for you, then it could be that you have a hardware problem. Most of the time, the faulty piece of hardware is the RAM. You can find out if your problem is caused by faulty RAM or not. To fix this issue, all you have to do is take out your RAM and replace it with new sticks. If the Windows error code 0x0 0x0 gets fixed by changing RAM sticks then you know where the problem came from.
Final Take: Error 0x0 0x0
The 0x0 0x0 error can be extremely annoying for most users and not all the users know that it can be fixed with simple solutions. Your problem is either software-based or hardware-based. Try the above-mentioned techniques and you’ll fix the Windows Error code 0x0 0x0.