Ordering something expensive or private from Amazon? Don’t want it delivered to your office or home unattended? Just for you, Amazon offers a locker option that you can click on during checkout. Once your product is in the locker, you’ll get a confirmation email from Amazon. The email will also contain the code that you need to access the locker.
But, there are multiple types of these storage options. Before you get confused and make a wrong decision, read this guide. We’ve compared Amazon Hub Counter and Amazon Hub Locker for your convenience.
Amazon Lockers vs Amazon Hubs Counter
Amazon lockers help those who can’t leave their orders unattended. These storage options provide a safe space for users to keep their items until they can access them. Before this option, orders used to get stolen, damaged, or opened by a family member.
Types of Amazon Hub Lockers:
- Amazon Hub Lockers: These are standard Amazon lockers that you can find in convenience stores, post offices, grocery stores, gas stations, and more.
- Amazon Hub Apartment Lockers: These lockers are available only in apartment buildings. To see if your building has these kinds of lockers, you need to contact your building’s management.
- Amazon Hub Locker +: All Hub Locker + locations include an Amazon Associate to help you out if needed.
Set Up Amazon Locker or Hub for Your Account
If you want your next order to be delivered to an Amazon hub locker, all you have to do is set it up from your account. In your account, you’ll see a list of drop locations, you can choose them at your convenience. You can choose a location that’s near your home, or you can choose one close to your home. Amazon has no restrictions on it.
Here’s how to find Amazon Locker and Hub locations:
- Log in to your Amazon Account and go to “Account & Lists > Account”.
- Scroll down until you find “Your Address”.
- Click on Add Address
- Go to “Add a new Address” or “Find an Amazon Pickup Location Near You”.
- Scroll down to find a Hub or a Locker that fits your route. Once you click on it, it will start appearing in your list of saved addresses.
Use Amazon Locker and Amazon Hub
When you want to have a package delivered to an Amazon Hub counter or an Amazon Hub Locker, you need to order an item. Here are the steps you need to follow:
- Click on “Proceed to Checkout”.
- On the Checkout page, right next to Shipping Address, you’ll see an option “Or Pick up from Amazon Locker”. Next to it, you’ll see an option “X number of locations near this address”.
- Choose a Hub or a Locker where you want the item to be delivered.
- The Address for the Hub or Locker can be found under Shipping Address.
- Finish the process by clicking on Place Your Order
Picking Up Your Order from Amazon Locker or Amazon Hub Counter
Now that you’ve chosen a location, and placed an order, all that’s left to do is to pick up the order. First off, you’ll receive an email from Amazon, saying:
“Your order will be delivered to the Amazon Locker location you selected. When it arrives, you’ll be sent an email with a pickup code and instructions on how to retrieve your package. A pick-up code will be sent for each parcel delivered to the Locker.”
Note: You won’t find this in Amazon’s email, but you just have 3 days to pick up your order, or it will be returned to Amazon.
Here are the steps you need to follow once your order reaches the Amazon Hub:
- Click on the link in your email to get directions to the Amazon Hub location.
- Remember the code. You’ll need to enter the code to open the locker.
- Go to the location, and find your Amazon Yellow-colored locker.
- Use the kiosk to open the locker with the code you received in your email.
- The locker that contains your item will come out.
Limitations of Amazon Locker
There are some limitations of the Amazon Locker service. You need to know about them before you place your order.
The first thing that you need to know is that Amazon is expanding its locations, but they are not available all throughout the US right now. If you don’t have a location near you right now, it may be there soon enough.
Other requirements and limitations are:
- The order should weigh less than 20 lbs
- Dimensions should be smaller than 19 x 12 x 14 inches
- Should be sold by Amazon.com
- Should be valued at least $5,000
- Shouldn’t contain hazardous materials
- Shouldn’t be a Subscribe and Save item
Amazon’s guidelines regarding pricing, delivery, and returns for Amazon hub locker:
- The service is free to use, but standard shipping and free shipping may not be available at specific locations.
- Same-Day Delivery and one-day shipping are available at specific locations only.
- If the location is full, it will appear as grey on the Amazon Locker Map.
- Your items will be in their own locker. Not a single locker will share two items.