Facebook is the biggest and most used social media platform that allows you to connect with friends and family and anyone you wish to be friends with. You can even talk to someone who lives miles away. Facebook has a messenger platform too through which you can talk to anyone from your list of friends. Sometimes you get angry over a fight on messenger and you end up deleting all the messages. In this post we will share how to “recover deleted Facebook messages“.
But if you want a few messages back or the whole conversation, can you do that? We are pretty sure that you have gone through the chat settings a lot of times and you haven’t found a solution. Today we will help and guide you on how to recover deleted messages on Facebook.
Follow the steps listed below and “Recover Facebook Messages“. Deleted messages on Facebook has a backup in the local storage on android devices and computers. After you delete your conversations on Facebook, you can use these steps to get back removed messages from Facebook.
Ways to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
There are only 3 ways you can get back your “removed messages from Facebook“. Follow the steps as they are listed below!
1. Recover Deleted Facebook Messages Using Android Data
Facebook has an android and iOS application through which users can access the platform anytime, anyplace. Facebook has a messenger app that allows you to talk to your friends. Facebook conversations that happened on the messenger can be recovered through android data cache files.
We have distributed the process is simple to follow process, here’s how you can recover deleted messages on Facebook using Android data.
- Open the file explorer/manager in your android device by connecting the phone to your computer or laptop. Locate the data file in the Facebook folder and copy it on your computer.
- The name of the file is “com.Facebook.Orca” if you are having trouble finding it. Open the file and you’ll find a file named cache. In the cache file, you’ll find your messages under the name “FB temp”
- Copy that folder on your PC and open the file to see the data that’s stored inside the file. Messages shows in the file will be in text or PNG format.
2. Download your Personal Data From Facebook Archive Settings
Facebook keeps all your personal data for security purposes. You can download your personal data in the account settings, including your conversations. In your account settings, you have the option of deleting data. Here is how you can recover deleted messages on Facebook.
- Login to your Facebook account
- Go to account settings after logging in
- You’ll find a huge list of options like changing your password, Language preferences. In the bottom, you’ll find the option to “download data”.
- Once you click on the option, you’ll be redirected to the page where you can download all the information that’s available on your account.
- Download the whole profile, you’ll be asked to confirm your Facebook password, type in your password and open the file. You’ll find your messages in the form of text or PNG.
3. Recover the Archive Messages From Facebook
Here’s the last step on “how you can recover deleted Facebook messages“. When you delete the messages from Facebook, you get the option to archive the messages. Facebook offers you the option of storing the messages for you while you delete them from your messenger. If you choose this option to recover archived messages from Facebook then you should follow these steps.
- Login to your Facebook account
- Open chat conversations on Facebook messenger. In the corner, you will see an option named as archived chats.
- Tap on the option for the recovery of archived messages. Once you do that you’ll see the detailed list of your chat
- While this option only works for an archived chat instead of deleted messages, you can still get your conversation back.
Losing your chat is not the best thing, some text can be important and crucial. If you are worried about how to recover deleted messages on Facebook then you can use the methods we have listed above to help you get back your Facebook deleted messages.