If you’ve chosen Verizon Fiber internet as your internet service, then you should also know that Verizon has cancelled their home internet installation service. That’s where “Verizon FiOS Self-Install guide” comes in. You need to learn Verizon FiOS self-install own router in order to install your brand new internet service. If you aren’t a tech-savvy person then Verizon FiOS cable self-install can be achieved really easily. In this article, we will teach you everything there is to teach about Verizon FiOS self-install troubleshooting.
What Is Verizon FiOS?
FiOS is combined access to the internet, telephone, and a TV service by using fiber-optic cables. FiOS stands for Fiber Optic service and it offers brilliant internet service with speeds reaching up to 2,000 Mbps. Verizon FiOS self-install help guide can be really helpful and it makes it really easy to install your internet service.
What Comes With Verizon FiOS Self-Install Kit?
To complete Verizon FiOS cable self-install, you need a Verizon self-install kit. Once you sign up for Verizon internet online or offline, you can order a Verizon self-install kit. Once you’ve received your Verizon self-install kit, you need to make sure that you have everything in the kit. Here’s all that needs to be in your kit.
- A Verizon WiFi router/gateway.
- One coaxial cable
- One power cable
- One installation guide
Verizon FiOS Self-Install Guide 2022
Users can either choose professional internet installation or they can self-install Verizon Internet. As we stated above, Verizon has suspended their Verizon FiOS professional service due to the Covid-19. The users can also have the option of setting up FiOS using a DIY self-install kit. Read till the end, you can understand how to use this Verizon Self-Install kit to do the Verizon FiOS cable self-install? Here are all the steps for Verizon FiOS self-install own router.
How To Install Verizon FIOS Install
- Installed Verizon on the ONT (Optical Network Terminal).
- This would mostly be located outside most homes or inside the closet.
- The next step is to find a coax wall outlet closest to the ONT.
- The next step is to set up your router.
- With the help of a coaxial cable, you have to connect the router to the coaxial wall outlet. If you’re also installing a television at the same location then you’ll have to use the coaxial cable splitter to connect both devices.
- Connect ROUTER with the Power Cable.
- Most of the time, Verizon provides routers that are already connected to the servers.
- Check the indicator lights and confirm that the power light will be solid green.
- The next step is to make sure that the Coax WAN light turns solid green.
- If the lights don’t stay solid green, move the router to a different coax wall outlet.
If you come across any issues while following any of these steps provided above, you can contact Verizon customer care service and they will walk you through the complete Verizon FiOS self-install guide.