Google TV facility was announced in 2020 and the Chromecast with google TV arrived in India on JULY 2022. Its former version, the Chromecast with Google TV is a self-sustaining streaming device with Bluetooth-enabled remote control powered by google assistant.
This is a streaming device with the fundamentals matching the Amazon free TV stick( review), Realme 4k google TV stick (review), etc. It needs a screen or projector with an HDMI port, a Wi-Fi network, a Google account, and a nearby electrical outlet.
Now I am going to present all the technical points which may arise different questions and through this blog, I want to answer all these questions in simple words.
Setting Up Of Google TV
There are certain steps that should be followed by the user at the time of setting up google TV.
- first, you should fix the stick into the HDMI port of the compatible screen as a TV, projector, monitor, etc.
- Supply power through adaptor and cable.
- Change the screen into HDMI and follow all screen instructions.
- After that, connect the screen to a wireless internet network and enter the Google TV platform.
Note: You all know the previous Chromecast models were largely dependent upon a suitable( compatible) smartphone for its operation, the Chromecast with google TV has a dedicated remote for ease of use. It may require a smartphone to speed up the starting setup process, especially where it asks for a Google account.
Google TV And Google TV Review with their feature
- It has everything which users expect from a full-fledged streaming device. It supports many video formats of up to 4K resolution at 60HZ frame rate and HDR(Dolby Vision, HDRR10+, HDR10). Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, and Dolby Atmos( HDMI passthrough) are supported by Google TV.
- It has HDMI CEC for unburdened experience, a dual-band WI-FI(2.4GHz and 5GHz) for cellular internet connection, and two-way Bluetooth for cellular connectivity to connect peripheral devices such as earphones, soundbars, headphones, keyboard, etc.
- The Chromecast with google has features of previous models. But this model contains much more features which are the latest.
- Through Chromecast with Google, you can sand out content from iOS apps directly from your phone, laptop, or tablet.
- Google TV platform contains a dedicated home with a graphic user interface that presents content such as movies, music, reality shows, and web series, which are available in streaming apps, etc for entertainment purposes.
- Google TV has a voice-enabled remote facility that is powered by Google Assistant, through it we can access, manage and find content by speaking.
- Google TV does not show ads. You all know people do not want to watch ads therefore it can fulfill their needs.
- Google TV has a simple and clean user interface with content suggestions from available streaming services. These entertainment applications are available on the default home screen.
- This device can respond quickly and does not present any sign of slowing down.
Note :1. From finding content using the voice command feature which makes it impressive but this device struggles to keep a steady internet connection over a 5GHz Wi-Fi network. On the 2.5 GHz band, the connection fluctuates frequently due to the network interface with Bluetooth devices in close proximity.
- The Google Assistant sometime does not get the desired or demanded results. This is not as fast and speedy as Amazon Alexa on the Fire TV stick.
- The device starts hanging if “it is not shut down after use”.
The Chromecast with Google TV is an expensive device that is priced at RS6,399. However, it contains many features which can generally be available at a premium but the Realme 4K smart Google TV is providing similar facilities for about half the price.
The performance, however, is not as good as the performance of the Amazon 4K fire TV but it contains huge ads. This thing is hurting the viewers’ overall experience. Google TV has ads-free streaming facilities which is unique in nature.
The overall review is that it is good and advanced from its previous similar devices and we all hope that these shortcomings will definitely be rectified or get well soon.