QuickBooks runtime redistributable is a term that’s been thrown around a lot lately. To understand the term “Quickbooks runtime Redistributable” in your system, here are some insights about Microsoft Visual C++.
What is Microsoft Visual C++?
Microsoft Visual C++ has Redistributable packages and they are nothing but libraries that are needed to run the C++ apps. The desktop version of QuickBooks is quick to install the latest version of C++ on your device. However, for some, if the Visual C++ Installation runs into some error, or is removed, then the manual installation process is needed.
What is QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable?
Whenever you install QuickBooks software on your device, a Microsoft program called Visual C++ is automatically installed on your device.
The Quickbooks Runtime Redistributable happens only when the Microsoft Visual C++ gets corrupted or gets damaged somehow. To fix the error, you have to uninstall Microsoft Visual C++ and then reinstall it.
What’s the Need for QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable?
QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable is a program that’s generally installed by a third party. This assists you in fixing all the issues that are related to your QuickBooks app.
The Runtime Redistributable not only ensures that your QuickBooks app is running normally but also ensures the proper functioning of all those apps that rely on QuickBooks libraries.
While it is safe to uninstall or remove QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable from your device, there are some apps that may run into errors and issues when you uninstall it.
QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable – System Requirement
The minimum required device specs for Redistributable Packages of Visual C++ include:
To run QuickBooks runtime redistributable on your device, you need to have minimum device specifications. The requirements include:
- Windows XP
- Windows 7 Service Pack 1
- Windows Vista Service Pack 2
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
The servers that support these packages include Windows Server 2003, Windows 2008 R2SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2, Windows Server 2012, and Windows Server 2112 R12.
- A minimum of 512 MB of RAM required
- A Hard Drive of 5400 RPM is required
- The processor should at least be 900MHz or more
- Requires 50 MB of Hard Disk space
- A capable video card (DIRECTX 9) with a high-resolution display (1024×768 or more)
Why Do You Need to Install Multiple Visual C++ Redistributable?
There are a couple of reasons for multiple Visual C++ Redistributable in your computer, these include:
- Based on the version of Windows you use, different versions of Visual C++ come pre-installed.
- If you notice any additional version of Visual C++ on your device, it was most probably installed with another program. Yet, if you want an application to run in a particular version of C++, you must install the code libraries for that version.
- When you run some programs for the first time, you will receive a message about redistributable packages that are already installed in your system.
- It can also be possible that you may locate another version of the same package installed on your computer.
- If you’re running 64-bit Windows on your machine, you may even notice both 64-bit and 32-bit versions of some packages. These also include bundles that come along with windows.
How You Can Uninstall Visual C++ to Fix QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable?
You can perform some steps to uninstall and then reinstall Microsoft Visual C++ on your machine. Here are the steps you need to follow to uninstall Visual C++:
1. Close all the Open of Running apps on your computer.
2. Open the Run command by pressing the “Windows + R” keys.
3. Search for “Control Panel” and then click Ok.
4. From the list of programs, click on Microsoft Visual C++ which is suitable for QuickBooks Version.
5. Perform the instructions on your screen after clicking on the Uninstall button to uninstall the program.
6. When the process is complete, restart the device.
Reinstall Microsoft Visual C++
If you want to reinstall the Visual C++ to fix the QuickBooks Runtime Redistributable, then here are the steps you should follow:
1. Insert the QuickBooks CD into the CD drive of your machine
2. Close the QuickBooks Installation tab that may come up on your screen as you install the CD.
3. Open the Computer Window by pressing the Windows+E key on your keyboard.
4. Go to D:\ThirdParty\CRT8 or go to D:\ThirdParty\CRT9 on Windows.
5. Finally, to install the software, follow the steps on your screen after double-clicking the vc_red.msi or vcredist_x86.exe.
You can alternatively download and install Microsoft Visual C++ from the Microsoft Website if you don’t have the CD.