With ever-evolving technology, accessing the stock market has become easier than ever. You can simply download an app, register yourself, and trade stocks anytime you want for free. It is easy to trade stocks easily without fees. If you choose the wrong broker, then you are at a high chance of losing your money. We did our research and spent days reading through user agreements to find the most trusted stock trading apps for details. Here are all the best stock trading apps in 2022.
Top Apps for Buying and Selling Stocks 2022
Trading stocks from an application have indeed become much easier, choosing the right stockbroker isn’t that easy. Whether you’re trading stocks for micro-savings, investment education, or long-term investment, it is crucial to use the best app.
1. Robinhood – Best Free Stock Trading App
Robinhood was launched way back in 2013 and it is the biggest commission-free trading provider. That’s true, if you want, you can trade stocks on Robinhood without having to pay any kind of fee. Since its launch, the platform has gained over 10 million users and the platform is valued at $7.6 Billion. It provides an intuitive user-friendly experience, without any hassle or fees.
Pros of Robinhood:
- Commission-free trades on stocks, and ETFs.
- Simple to use interface.
- Can trade in popular cryptocurrencies.
Cons of Robinhood:
- Lack of multiple investment types such as retirement accounts, mutual funds, or bonds.
- Customer support can be improved.
2. eToro – Best for Copying Traders
eToro is a social trading platform that allows you to trade stocks on its app. This helps you make informed decisions with the help of others. You can find a group of people who trade in the same stocks and shares on eToro as you do and learn from them. Users can post their own trades, follow other traders’ trades, and chat about their investments with other users.
The more you use it, the more it learns about your preferences and provides better results for your investments. Furthermore, eToro can be used by both novices and experts alike to enter the world of online stock trading with little or no previous experience needed.
Pros of eToro:
- Social trading platform with over 20 million members
- $50 account minimum
- Risk management tools
- Over 2000 stocks to choose from
Cons of eToro:
- $10 inactivity fee
- Some spreads are pretty wide
3. Acorns – Best for Beginner Investors
Acorns is the “best stock trading app for investors” who are just entering the market. Complete with round-up saving and robotic trading advisors, Acorns offers a very mobile-friendly experience for investing your money.
If you want hassle-free savings that can help you understand the market better, then Acorns is the tool you need. Acorns can charge $1 per month for taxable investment accounts and $2 per month to add an IRA. Acorns is one of the best stock trading apps for college students who don’t want to be actively a part of the stock market but want to start trading.
Pros of Acorns:
- Easy to use platform with minimal investment costs.
- $0 account minimum.
- Robo-advisor model for beginners with almost no experience in trading.
- Free management is available for college students.
Cons of Acorns:
- Account fees range from $1 to $3 monthly.
- Smaller investment portfolio.
4. Stash – Best for Learning How to Invest
Stash is a brilliant investment app for those who are just starting out. Although it does have monthly fees ranging from $1 – $9 based on the service you have chosen. The mission behind this app was to provide an educational investment app that helped investors to enter the market. Stash helps users understand where they are investing and how different methods can yield different results.
The platform offers 60 different exchange-traded funds (ETFs), the service will also ask you to finish a questionnaire that helps you to get a better idea of your investment type. Using Stash, you can build a custom portfolio with great investment options. If you value a certain industry, then you can invest in firms that are leading your preferred industry.
Pros of Stash:
- No account minimum.
- Brilliant automated guidance and educational offerings.
- Value-based investment options are available.
Cons of Stash:
- Lacks human guidance and investment management.
- The fee ratio is high while investing in small funds.
5. Webull – Best Alternative to Robinhood
If you want commission-free trading but you don’t like Robinhood’s platform, then Webull offers a brilliant and customer-friendly solution for stock trading. It is one of the best stock trading apps available on the platform.
Webull came into existence in 2016, and an app was launched two years later. Since the launch of the app, it has acquired a user base of 2 million strong user base. The main feature of the platform is for providing commission-free trading catered towards retail investors. Here are some of the top pros and cons of the application:
Pros of Webull:
- Commission-free trading on stocks, options, and ETFs.
- Mobile-friendly design.
- No account minimum.
- Powerful charting tools
Cons of Webull:
- Not a huge list of investment options.
- Customer support can be better.
6. E*Trade – Easiest Stock Broker App
E*Trade was the first platform online for investing in stocks. The app has roots in Silicon Valley and has made its name by offering online trading long before any other options were available. E*Trade now has a mobile trading app and leads the industry in terms of advanced features. E*Trade has made possible online trading with the right set of tools and technology. There are some more complex trade options if you are familiar with how the market works. What makes it one of the top stock trade selling and purchasing is:
Pros of E*Trade:
- Commission-free ETF and stock trading.
- For potential traders, E*Trader also provides a mobile future ladder tool.
- Assess your loss risk with performance tools that allows you to test your portfolio a bit better.
Cons of E*Trade:
- Higher margin rates.
- Users can’t integrate the app with their banks.
- Some features are not available in the mobile application.