- What Do You Need to Consider Before Cancelling Hulu?
- Related Post
Hulu is currently one of the best-rated streaming services in the market. In this guide, we’ll help you find the answer to how do I cancel Hulu subscription. Cancelling Hulu subscriptions on different devices means following different steps. Don’t worry; we’ll walk you through all of them.
What Do You Need to Consider Before Cancelling Hulu?
Hulu is one of the most versatile streaming platforms. So before you end up canceling your subscription, here are some things that may make you re-consider:
- Wide content library: Hulu has an extensive content library. Before you cancel, make sure that the shows and movies you love aren’t on the platform. If your favourite content is on another platform, then it makes sense that you cancel your subscription.
- Bundled services: Hulu often collaborates with other services for bundle deals. If you’re looking to cancel Hulu, you may lose out on a discounted rate for multiple services.
- Upcoming releases: Check Hulu’s upcoming releases. They may be about to stream a series or movie you’ve been waiting for a long time. If you cancel now, you may have to pay money to stream that content anywhere else.
- Alternative costs: If you’re switching to some other service, compare the costs of the platforms. Switching to a new platform may be exciting, but they can be more expensive or offer fewer titles than Hulu.
- Cancellation policies: One thing that’s different about Hulu is that they let you access the service until the end of your billing cycle. If you’re planning to move to some other service, then you may want to consider this factor as well.
- Restarting membership: While you’re cancelling your Hulu subscription, you need to consider the ease of restarting your membership. Hulu, for example, retains your history and preferences for a specific amount of time. This means when you re-subscribe, you’ll be able to pick everything back from where you left it.
You May Read: How to Activate Hulu Account?
If you still want to cancel your Hulu subscription, let’s dive in.
How Do I Cancel Hulu Subscription on the Web?
The easiest way to cancel a Hulu subscription is through the Hulu website. Here are the steps you should follow:
- Go to Hulu.com in any web browser and click on Log in in the top-right corner.
- Log in to your account and select your name in the top right corner.
- Click on Account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Cancel.
- Select Continue to Cancel
Hulu doesn’t want you to cancel your subscription, so it will try to lure you with some exciting offers. If you still want to cancel, select No, Cancel subscription.
That’s it; you’ve now cancelled your Hulu subscription.
How Do I Cancel Hulu Subscription on iPhone & Android?
To cancel Hulu subscription on iPhone, you’ll have to cancel using the website. If you want to cancel your subscription on the mobile app, the Hulu app for iPhone just tells you to use the website to manage the subscription.
But if you’re using the Android app for Hulu, you can cancel your subscription on the app itself.
- Launch the Hulu app and click on account in the bottom-right corner.
- Go to your account and enter your password if the app asks for it.
- Click on the Cancel button, which you’ll find next to the Cancel Your Subscription option.
The answer to how do I cancel Hulu subscription on an iPhone is simple: you just have to go to the Hulu website and cancel the subscription there (refer to the website cancellation section above).
How Do I Cancel Hulu Subscription in iTunes?
A lot of users subscribe to Hulu via iTunes using their Apple ID. Instead of paying Hulu directly, you can tie your Hulu subscription to your Apple ID. Then, you can make payments with whatever credit or debit card on file with iTunes.
If you’re one of them, you can manage your subscription using your Apple ID by following these steps:
- Open iTunes and go to the Account menu.
- Select View My Account and log into your Apple ID if prompted.
- Scroll down to the Settings section and click on Manage right to Subscriptions.
- Click on Edit next to Hulu, and you’ll be taken to a page where you can cancel your subscription.
How to Cancel Hulu on Playstation 4?
Gaming consoles like Playstation & Xbox also offer video streaming options. That includes a streaming service like Hulu. If you’ve subscribed to Hulu on PS4 and want to cancel Hulu on PlayStation 4, here are the steps you need to follow:
- Launch your PlayStation and click on Settings on your home screen.
- Scroll down till you find Account Management.
- Find and tap on Account Information
- Select PlayStation Subscriptions to manage your Hulu subscription.
- Find your Hulu Subscription, click on it, and hit Cancel My Subscription.
How Do I Cancel My Hulu On Roku?
If you’re using Hulu on your Roku device, you can also cancel the subscription using the same model. Here’s the answer to your question, “How do I cancel my Hulu on Roku?”
- On Hulu’s home screen, highlight the Hulu app and press the (*) star button on your remote
- Click on Manage Subscription
- Select on Cancel Subscription
How do I Cancel my Hulu Account on Amazon?
- Open Amazon, log in using your Amazon username and password
- Go to the Accounts & Lists tab in the top right corner of the homepage and choose Your Account from the drop-down menu
- Scroll down to the Digital Content and Devices section and click on Content and Devices
- Go to the Preferences tab and scroll down to the Digital Subscriptions channel
- Under the list, you’ll see a list of subscribed channels, this includes your Hulu subscription
- Click on the Cancel Channel button available next to the Hulu subscription
Alternatives to Hulu
If you’re about to cancel your Hulu subscription, you may be eyeing other streaming platforms. Let us help you out. Here are some other streaming platforms you can consider subscribing to:
- FuboTV – FuboTV is a comparatively new streaming service; it’s mostly focused on 4K content. While you don’t get ESPN with it, it does offer some unique channels. The subscription costs $74 for basic, with an option of $84 for over 100 channels.
- Sling TV – Sling is a streaming service known for its availability and offers a wide rate of options. The platform starts at just $40/month for either “Blue” or “Orange” or $55 for both plans. The best part about Sling TV is that you can customize your plans.
- Philo TV – Philo TV is a basic streaming service, but it’s very affordable. While it skips a lot of channels, it’s the most budget-friendly option available for live TV streaming.
- YouTube TV – YouTube TV is a bit expensive live TV streaming service compared to other channels. For the price you’re paying, you get an extensive channel library, minimal add-ons, and features like unlimited cloud DVR.
How to Cancel Hulu FAQs
Whatever device you’re using for Hulu, you can go to settings > accounts > subscriptions > cancel subscription.
No. There are no charges for cancelling your Hulu. You can cancel your subscription anywhere you want. Just go to the account settings and select the cancel option.
Yes, use the ‘Pause Subscription’ feature in the account section for a specified amount of time. Your billing will stop; you can resume your subscription after the pause ends.
Hulu is one of the most used streaming platforms in the USA and its popularity is for the right reasons. Hulu is famous for having a brilliant collection of classic shows and movies and a few the award-winning originals. One…