With the rise of online technologies, anonymity has become a huge part of our lives. Numerous platforms offer complete anonymity while offering a variety of features and filters. Kik was one similar platform, it offered anonymity and became popular among teenagers very quickly.
Temporary Deactivation of Kik Account
It is easy to cancel your Kik account temporary, here are all the steps:
- Open the browser of your choice and visit https://ws.kik.com/deactivate. Don’t try to visit the application for account deactivation as that can only be done via the website.
- Once the website opens, enter the email address that you used to create your account. Next, a dialogue box will appear with the “Deactivate” button.
- Hit the button and your account will be deactivated temporarily. A survey will open up and you can choose whether to answer it or not.
These 3 simple steps will help you remove your account temporarily. If you’re all done with the social media platform, then you can also learn how to delete KIK account permanently.
Delete Kik Account Permanently
- Open your web browser and visit https://ws.kik.com/delete to delete the Kik account permanently. This part of the website is for deleting the account permanently. Make sure to visit the website and not the mobile application.
- Same as the temporary deactivation process of Kik Account, enter your email address and account password. Then you’ll be asked a reason why you wish to delete your account.
- Once you go through this, you’ll need to check the box that states you understand that you’ll be permanently closing your account.
- After you check the box, you’ll receive an email about the permanent deactivation of your Kik account.
- In the email, click on the permanent deactivation button, once you hit this button your account will be deactivated.
You won’t be able to get your account again even if you permanently deactivate the account.
Deleting a Kid’s Account or Account of the Deceased
Some parents may want to delete the accounts of their kids as the internet is full of predators. Also invading someone’s identity can offend or hurt someone’s sentiments so proceed with caution with these steps.
- You can start by entering the email address and username of the person you wish to delete the account of. You will also need to enter the username and password if you wish to go through with the above two steps.
- In case you’re unaware of the person’s email address and password, you can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and send them an email. If you’re deleting the account of a kid then you can mail on email@example.com.
- You will have to state your relationship with the deceased along with a death certificate and other information regarding their KIK account. For the kids, you’ll need to include the username and their age.